Thursday, July 19, 2018

Creature Factory

Could not break away from work to write this week as I was far too busy building the new extension to my live art business. I give you: CREATURE FACTORY! What it is: at request of a customer, I will draw their choice of dinosaur, dragon, horse, animal, or mythical creature for a fee based on the time it would take to complete such a commission. The illustrations are decided by difficulty in two pay scales: light illustration, or complex/heavy illustration. If a customer would prefer only the black and white illustration of course the piece will be only half the price. The best part is the buyer can leave their order and come back to my stand to pick it up later, or for the price of shipping they can have it mailed to them. But the drawings only take about thirty minutes, to an hour (at the latest) to bring together, so they are fun to watch as I flesh the drawings out. Still feeling it out, and I’m hoping to pick up my speed and technique as I advance with the project. Here are some samples what I have made thus far.



Clydesdale!
Horses are difficult to get down fast from their awkward build, and their shiny coats, but this one would still fall under light illustration at $45



Velociraptor!
Customer wanted the Superstar, Blue from Jurassic World Series. $45



Parasaurolophus!
His brother wanted bloody teeth, and he wanted Plant-𝐋ife! $45



Working on some back wall banner ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment