Friday, February 16, 2018

My letter to Congress and my State’s Elected Officials

In wake of the Parkland shooting, growing up seeing countless similar massacres, remembering the trauma of Columbine when I was still in school, and now witnessing over 19 more in resent years, I was moved to write my senators in office. This is what I had to tell them.


We want stronger gun restrictions. We want better background checks, we want weapons of mass destruction (and at this point with all the damage they have done I do indeed consider tech like semi-automatic weapons and add-ons like Bump stock a part in that category) off the streets and out of kids hands. We want these weapons out of the reach of people with clear, obvious signs of mental illness, we want lobbyists in deep with money-pulling organizations like The NRA and their venomous influences out of our government. We want something done to prevent these massacres, and we want it now. We are coming for the voting booths. Many more than before. Do something to protect our kids, friends, and family, or get another job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment