Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Mermaid


I heard her calling so I went. I followed her cries to the shore, but they did not stop there, for her airy voice drew me further. I walked deeper and deeper. The water was cold and dark. The full moon shined down upon me, it's rays reflecting off the placid sea, shimmering like the stars in the midnight sky. In the depths I saw a leafy green growth swaying in the water, as if dancing to the lilt of the mysterious voice. The weeds shift, and stir. Suddenly there are eyes staring up at me. They are the red of love, the crimson of blood. They are so beautiful. She calls me still, and so I go to her. Her soft osculate lips lock on to mine. I pray she will never let go. To my horror she does not. She seizes me by the neck, and wrests me from my own will. Though lissome and soft, her hands are strong, but I do not fight her. No, I do not. Like a forbidden ecstasy, I will her to pull me in, and wish I had the strength to flee. She asks me to join her, to come inside her realm. I beg her to let me in. I know I shouldn't but I do, and she does. Deeper and deeper I fall. Indeed she will never let go. I will drown, but I feel no shame. I would have done it again, and again I will. She is life, she is love. But so true is she death, so too is she destruction. Nevertheless, I live for her..., And I will die for her. Again and again. Forever until the end of time she will call. I will come. I will sacrifice all to have her, and she will destroy my everything before she evades me, and so she does. As is her nature, as it always was. The true essence of eternal love.

No comments:

Post a Comment